Motor City’s CEO Rob Griffith has released the following letter to members in regards to COVID-19 and the actions we are taking:
During this rapidly changing public health situation, we understand that many members lives are being impacted as a result of Covid-19, and our top priority is the safety of our members, our employees, and our friends in the community. We continue to assess the needs of our members and have been taking action based on recommendations from public health authorities, including the Ontario Ministry of Health and Health Canada.
At Motor City Community Credit Union, you can count on us as we continue to deliver quality financial products and services. But, over the coming days and weeks, you may notice a temporary change in how we offer some services. It is of the utmost importance that our members know that we will continue to do our best to help you achieve your financial goals. Should you need extra support to ease financial stress, please contact us.
No matter what, we’ll get through this together as community partners. We encourage you to visit our Website, Facebook, or Twitter for any updates at Motor City.
As we continue to closely monitor the situation, our thoughts are with those who have been affected by Covid-19, including front line workers who are helping beyond measure.
Chief Executive Officer
Motor City Community Credit Union
Important Updates for You:
Temporary Branch Closures
Motor City Community Credit Union has made the tough decision to temporarily close some locations. Beginning Friday, March 20 until further notice, the following locations will be temporarily closed:
- Market Square – 1375 Walker Rd
- City Centre – 189 City Hall Sq.
Please know these locations have not been affected directly by the virus.
The Tecumseh Road East Branch and the Commercial Lending Centre will remain open.
We are reducing our hours to 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday effective Monday March 23rd at our Tecumseh Road East branch.
The Tecumseh Road East branch will also be closed on Saturdays effective immediately.
The Commercial Lending Centre hours remain unchanged.
We Are Here for You
For over 80 years we have been there during the good times and the bad. We are ready to support members with their needs and we are offering the following to ease financial stress:
- Up to a 6 month payment deferral for loans, mortgages, and lines of credit
- Flexible solutions as needed for your specific situation
We encourage you to reach out to your Financial Services Representative directly to discuss your needs or contact our Member Assistance Line at 519-944-7333 (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm). For your commercial needs, please contact your Commercial Account Manager or call 519-977-6939.
We are here for you and we will assist you in any way we can. It is now more important than ever that you know that We See What You See.
Banking Outside of the Branch
We ask all members to perform as many banking functions as they can outside of our branch during these unprecedented times. Below are the methods you can use to transact remotely without visiting a branch to ensure you financial needs are still met:
- Call our live Member Assistance Line at 519-944-7333 (Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Services offered: account/membership information, transfer of funds, bill payments, investment renewals, set up an appointment
- Services offered at Motor City ATMs: cash withdrawals and deposits, cheque deposits, pay bills for already set up bill payment vendors, transfer money between your accounts, balance inquiries – Our ATMs will also be sanitized as often as possible.
- Services offered at other credit union ATMs: Cash withdrawals and deposits, balance inquiries
- Services offered at partner ATMs (such as Circle K convenience stores and Manulife ATMs): Cash withdrawals and balance inquiries
- Online banking
- Services offered: account/membership information, transfer of funds, bill payments, Interac e-Transfer, view e-statements, order cheques, change your contact information
- Mobile App
- Services offered: account/membership information, transfer of funds, bill payments, Interac e-Transfer, deposit anywhere cheque depositing
- Cashback at Point of Sale Terminals
- Be sure to utilize taking out cash at many different businesses who offer cash back with your Point of Sale purchase.
- Motor City Credit Card
Respect Our Guidelines if you Plan to Visit a Branch
To protect our members, staff and community we have implemented the following in our branch:
- Heightened cleaning procedures at all locations, with special focus on high traffic, high touch areas
- Hand sanitizing stations are readily available at all locations
- Strong hygiene and health-related best practices among employees and visitors; this includes personal contact etiquette such as refraining from hand shaking.
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are sick or have any symptoms
- Ongoing and regular monitoring, evaluation and action
Please do not enter the branch if you have a fever and/or cough and difficulty breathing and any of the following:
- Travelled outside of Canada. Anyone who has returned from outside of Canada should not enter the branch for a minimum of 14 days
- Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been outside of Canada in the 14 days before their symptom onset
If you do enter our branch, please respect the following guidelines:
- Avoid person to person contact
- Maintain a safe distance
As always if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to reach out. We are in this together.