CRA Direct Deposit
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) wants to make it easier for Canadians to sign up for its direct deposit service or change their existing account information by creating an enrollment process that can be accessed through financial institutions.
Motor City offers this enrollment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrollment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking. You will then be able to receive the following CRA payments through direct deposit:
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- Related provincial payments
If you aren't already registered for the CRA's digital services, signing up for direct deposit or changing your account information through us is easy and secure!
To get started, log into Online Banking and select "Account Services"
Benefits of having Direct Deposit:
- If you file online and have direct deposit, you should receive your refund in as little as eight business days. Paper returns could take up to eight weeks.
- Direct deposit is a fast, convenient and secure way to get your CRA payments directly into your bank account at a financial institution in Canada.
If you have already signed up for direct deposit with the CRA, we will use the existing bank account information for any payments you are entitled to receive.