The simple, secure way to transfer money from anywhere to anyone. Here are some of the great features of e-Transfer® we offer:
Send and Receive Money
Send or receive money in a snap with Interac e-Transfer. All you need is an email and/or mobile phone number and an account at a Canadian financial institution. As a sender, you don't need to worry about figuring out where the person banks and they won't know where you do your banking, because all account details and financial institutions are kept confidential.
Whether you owe a friend for pizza, need to pay your share of the rent or expect to receive a payment from a customer, we've got you covered.
- It's easy. There's no need to set up any new accounts, user IDs or passwords. As long as both parties have online banking accounts, all you need to send or receive money is the recipient's mobile phone number or email address.
- It's secure. When you send an Interac e-Transfer by text or email, the money never travels with the message. Instead, recipients receive an encrypted link to deposit the funds using their own banking credentials.
- It's convenient. With Interac e-Transfer, you can use any computer or mobile phone to send or receive money instantly by text or by email. Whether you owe your friend, he owes you or they just don't take plastic, you'll never need to worry about carrying cash again.
- It's quick. Recipients are notified by email and/or text that they have received a payment within approximately 30 minutes from when the sender initiates the transfer.
Ways to use it
To start using Interac e-transfer, visit your nearest Motor City branch to have a Member Representative activate this feature on your account.
Interac e-Transfer is a quick and convenient way to transfer money for almost anything, such as:
- Repaying money you borrowed from a friend
- Sending cash to children at college or university
- Transferring your share of rent to your roommate
- Sending money in place of a gift
- Paying the invoices of suppliers (on single and dual-signature business accounts)