As a valued member of our team, you will experience a workplace that is diverse, stimulating and rewarding. Our interactions with our members are based on respect and integrity, ensuring that Motor City Community Credit Union (Motor City) is a great place to build your career. Motor City is currently looking for energetic, career oriented persons with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to join our financial team in the capacity of:
Financial Advisor - Wealth Management
Position Identification #2021-05
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- In a financial advisory role, service and proactively develop relationships with new and existing members through a variety of channels (virtual, in person meetings, phone and correspondence).
- Execute an advice-based process by helping members identify financial goals and planning needs which are periodically reviewed and updated.
- Cultivate new business through consolidation of assets and referrals.
- Make suitable investment recommendations and advise members through their financial journey.
- Build and sustain financial plans for members.
- Adhere to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Provide timely information, investigate and resolve member issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Lead presentations to members, prospects and team members.
- Provide reporting to Motor City on all relevant activities and engagements.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years advisory experience within the financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets with a thorough understanding of investment solutions.
- IFIC licensing required (CSC, LLQP CFP, CIM & other licensing are an asset).
- Strong service skills – to build/maintain relationships with members, employees and management.
- Ability to handle outbound calls/meetings to/with existing clients/prospects.
- Competent understanding of the relevant securities legislation and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Strong communicator, professional and analytical, positive attitude and genuine commitment to member service.
What you can expect from Motor City Community Credit Union:
Our dedication to the Employee Experience at Motor City is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition and Compensation
- Training and Development
- Health and Well-being
- Communication and Feedback
All interested applicants are invited to send their resumes, clearly marked “Private and Confidential” quoting the position identification number (2021-05) to the undersigned no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, November 19, 2021:
Motor City Community Credit Union
6701 Tecumseh Rd East
Attention: Danielle Bombardier, Vice President Human Resources
Or email to: email@example.com
Motor City Community Credit Union is committed to equity of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Motor City Community Credit Union endeavours to accommodate the needs of candidates under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation.