As a valued member of our team, you will experience a workplace that is diverse, stimulating and rewarding. Our interactions with our members arebased on respect and integrity, ensuring that Motor City Community Credit Union is a great place to build your career. Motor City is currently looking forenergetic, career oriented persons with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to join our financial team in the capacity of:
Position Identification #2021-01
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Manager of Innovation and others in ongoing and upcoming projects, from information gathering to solution delivery including:
- Opportunity definition, requirements gathering and capture, solution gap/fit analysis, future state business process design and controls
- Assist or lead in developing employee communication regarding new systems, process development, and education/training drafting/delivery of new/revised systems
- Creation of project artifacts, such as the development of business requirements, test cases/scripts and future state process maps and UAT
- Proactively recognize new opportunities and providing input on on-going projects/vision/ideas
- Meet with various departments to identify and document requirements and work with the business and Information Technologies teams towards the development of the solution
- Present and recommend effective solutions to meet business requirements and stakeholder needs
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the progress, raising project issues and risks, as well as quality and scope deviations
- Monitor implementation efforts and transition issues to ensure that business risks are identified, and solutions are recommended
- Ensure that project work results are compliant with the stated requirements, priorities, and strategies of the project
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the business
- Support work related to improving Business Analysis best practices and acts as a brand ambassador for the Innovation Team. This includes improving team capabilities, processes and templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills:
- University degree or College Diploma (Business Administration or related field)
- Strong written, oral, and comprehension communication skills and interpersonal skills
- An innovative mindset combined with strong analytical and problem solving thinking
- Flexibility, self-motivation, and the ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Ability to multitask effectively over multiple projects with excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to embrace, manage, and lead change
- Strong working knowledge of computers and a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Progressive experience working in a business environment, financial institution, retail credit, and/or a credit union considered a strong asset.
- Project Management experience/designation considered an asset
- Must be bondable
All interested applicants are invited to send their resumes, clearly marked “Private and Confidential” quoting the position identification number (2021-01) to the undersigned no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 1, 2021:
Motor City Community Credit Union
6701 Tecumseh Rd East
Attention: Danielle Bombardier, Vice President Human Resources
Or email to: email@example.com
Motor City Community Credit Union is committed to equity of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Motor City Community Credit Union endeavours to accommodate the needs of candidates under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation.